Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rockport Women's Holtsville Hiking Boot

Who knew a hiking boot could be functional and cute at the same time? Rockport proves it with Holtsville. It showcases fashionable suede, metallic textured panels, and a patent leather pull tab. A strong lacing system, rubber sole, and Hydro-Sheild waterproofing provide the utilitarian aspect.
Customer Review: despite low price, not a great deal
Having had success with Rockport via Amazon before, I decided to buy these without trying them on...a mistake, in retrospect. I wear an 8.5 to 9, bought a 9, and they are tight...I suggest buying a half size bigger than you usually get, especially if you want to wear thicker hiking socks. Despite being called boots, they are quite low on the ankle and uncomfortable (for me at least) where they hit at the ankle. They are also a bit narrow...you might try for a wide size. There is not much arch support, if any at all, and the material is quite stiff (I've only had them a few days, so maybe they'll break in, but right now they're uncomfortable). I expect that they may become acceptable casual "around town" shoes, but I doubt they will ever be much good as hiking boots.
Customer Review: Not to Rockport standards
Bought this boot expecting the top quality I have always enjoyed, perfect fit at 7W and was disappointed. The boot appears and fits much longer and does not have the "support fit" that I enjoyed in the past 12 plus pairs of Rockports I have purchased. It rides high and rubs at the ankle bone, not as pleased, but decided to keep the boot.


MBT Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment